Boost – Run and ride performance
‘Naomi is, by some margin, the most accomplished, knowledgeable and effective trainer I have worked with in more than 40 years of sport and training. As an active bloke in my mid 50’s who has had a 2-level spinal fusion and two subsequent microdiscectomies, my training and exercises today need to be perfectly targeted if I’m going to keep doing the things I love – golf, skiing, walking and cycling. I couldn’t do any of it without Naomi. As a sports physician said to me a couple of years ago. “keep seeing Naomi”, I intend to, you should too.’
Are you sick of being stiff and sore after you run or ride? Do you find you get repeat problems in the body so just can’t improve your performance the way you want to?
If you are a runner or rider you understand the training demands on the lower body are high, which means maintaining good alignment and efficient movement throughout the body is essential if you want running and cycling to be a part of your life long term.
Being an athlete myself I understand how difficult it can be to fit extra training in around your current running and cycling commitments. Over the past 20 years, I have assisted many everyday athletes and professionals to move at their best so they can perform at their best. The biggest issue has always been time. How do you fit in the conditioning and strength component 2-3 times a week around an already full training load, plus work and life commitments without dropping the ball? This is when I realised that providing an online option where athletes can do an effective program at home and have regular online private sessions with me would mean the athlete gets stronger and reduces the chance of injury while being able to maintain their current training and workload.
Each program is designed and selected to fit your current needs and movement ability. The sessions are no longer than 20 minutes long and can be done, anywhere, anytime, and fit in around your current running or cycling regime. This gives you an optimal chance to train consistently, prevent injuries, and improve your overall performance.
If you want to get rid of your niggles and keep running and cycling in your life. You want to learn how to move efficiently, train effectively, and enhance your performance then becoming a boost premium member is for you.
We start with an online 45-minute private assessment to:
- Understand your movement goals
- Understand your movement and injury history
- Assess your movement patterns and assist you to understand what is not serving you well
- Teach you how to correctly set up for various exercises so you can get maximum benefits from your training
- Selection of daily exercises from the member’s resource library which is chosen based on your assessment outcomes, This is to assist your individual movement needs and enhance your performance outcomes.
We set up an online private training catch up once a month to follow your progress, keep you motivated, and keep a check on your technique. All this is included in the price!
Why do we do an assessment?
If you are not assessing movement then you are guessing. For us to understand your body and needs an assessment and regular 1:1 sessions are essential to make real change. The assessment creates a benchmark for us to work from so we have measurable results each time we meet and reassess. We want you to succeed in your steps to becoming stronger, fitter and healthier. The only way we can get you there is to get a clear understanding of you and your specific health and fitness needs.
Who is the right person to become a Boost premium member?
• Someone that wants to learn how to be a better mover
• Someone that struggles with stiffness and tightness in the body ( I communicate with your health practitioner if you struggle with reoccurring injuries so your treatment and training is aligned)
• Someone that is self-motivated
• Someone with an eagerness to learn
• Someone that wants to learn how their movements are contributing to their running and riding technique and performance
Who is not the right person to become a Boost premium member?
• Someone that has serious health conditions
• Someone who is experiencing acute pain
• Someone who is unmotivated and needs to be constantly hassled to do their training
• Someone that has had a recent operation
If you want to know if my premium service is for you then please send me a message below. I would love to hear from you!
YOU WILL NEED
- A mat
- A foam roller or alternatively a rolled-up towel
- Yoga block – or alternatively a thick book 3 inches
- Swiss ball (not introduced for the first 7 weeks)
- Sliding discs (not introduced for the first 8 weeks)
- Power bands (not introduced until 10 weeks)